June 27, 2017, 09:50:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register Chat LONG AND STRAIGHT SWING SPEED RADAR Golf Swings USSLDC incepta..ca Golf Biz  

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FREE TODAY

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mexico Myths!  (Read 2944 times)
linda
« on: December 01, 2009, 11:15:28 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi Fellow Golfers, th_wavey-2

It’s a shame fears are making folks miss out on some exceptional bargains in Mexico. Right now Mexico is offering big savings—discounts on hotel stays, air fares, restaurants and the like—to entice tourists back. The tourists who come all have a great time.

They find Mexico as beautiful and exciting as ever, and they marvel at the huge gap between what the media has told them and the reality they find.

So, for all of you who haven’t been lucky enough to see the truth first-hand, I’d like to do a little myth-busting.

Myth #1: You’ll Catch the Swine Flu in Mexico

Actually, you can catch the swine flu anyplace, because it’s spread all over the world. In June, the World Health Organization declared the swine flu—virus H1N1—a pandemic. In other words, it’s pretty much everyplace. In fact, these days you probably have a better chance of catching it in the U.S. than in Mexico, because there have been more confirmed cases in the U.S.

H1N1 may not even have begun in Mexico. But Mexican health officials first identified it. And Mexico, being a good global citizen, blew the whistle. Sadly, that decision has cost Mexico billions in tourist dollars.

Here’s the situation now:  As noted, the WHO declared H1N1 a pandemic in June. Note that this doesn’t mean the disease has gotten more dangerous. The term pandemic just refers to how widely it’s spread.

Countries that had warned against travel to Mexico have largely lifted those bans. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for instance, have removed their travel warning for Mexico and replaced it with a general global warning. Airlines that had canceled flights to Mexico when the flu first appeared have begun resuming their schedules.

The fall flu season has begun and, as expected, new cases of H1N1 are showing up in both the U.S. and Mexico. Vaccines are available in the U.S. already, and will be in Mexico by December (huge demand for the vaccine has slowed down delivery). In the meantime, Mexico’s public health department—which takes its job seriously—has been educating the public on how to cut down the spread of infection, like washing your hands often or staying home if you’re sick. (These simple measures are very effective, actually.) In addition, businesses like restaurants often hand out antiseptic hand gel to customers to make sure folks follow proper hygiene procedures. Mexico’s health officials also note that, from what they’ve seen so far, H1N1 is proving no more dangerous than the normal flu.

So chances are slim that you’ll catch the flu if you come to Mexico. But if you do, don’t worry. Mexico’s hospitals and doctors are first-rate, and they’ve all been prepped on this strain of flu.

Myth #2: Mexico is Violent

Many people already see through the media hype and take what they read and hear with a grain of salt. They realize that violence in border towns and drug areas doesn’t affect safety in places that are hundreds of miles away. To do so, as the media does, is like condemning Ohio for violence in Detroit.

But because the media keeps harping on it, we’ll say it again….

Only parts of Mexico are violent. These are the border areas, Mexico City, and a few other drug-related areas that have always been dicey. In other words, the usual suspects. We don’t recommend these areas.

Most of Mexico is still safe. The places we recommend—such as San Miguel de Allende, Ajijic, Puerto Vallarta and others—are probably safer than where you live now. Certainly Campeche is safer than anyplace I’ve ever lived before.

I’ve walked around cities all in lots of areas in Mexico by day and by night, and I’ve always felt safe. I take normal, sensible precautions (well ok i did drink a little too much tequila once)  but otherwise I don’t worry. Other expats I’ve spoken with tell me the same thing. Random violence of the kind we know from the U.S.—muggings, for instance—is extremely rare here. It’s just not something you worry about. And the drug war? Unless you’re dealing or buying, you’re likely safe.

Reality: Mexico is Still as Great a Destination as it Always Was

Fundamentally, Mexico hasn’t changed. It’s still beautiful, exotic, and welcoming…and offering a high quality of life at a fraction of what you pay north of the border.

And traveling to Mexico now is a better bargain than ever, thanks to all the special offers. So do yourself a favor and take advantage of them. Because—like the media frenzy over the swine flu—they won’t last forever.

If you're ready to escape to a more relaxed and rewarding lifestyle in Mexico—then don't miss this opportunity to save money while you discover more on-the-ground retirement, investment, business and banking intelligence than ever before...and don't forget all those wonderful golf courses that Mexico has to offer!!!

Swing easy,

Linda

Ask me how to go on a golf cruise to Mexico for free!
lindathibault@shaw.ca

igualla

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »
ReplyReply

Well, you sure don't have to convince ME about the upsides of Mexico!! I've been "sold" for a few years and now live down here permanently. I have a nice duplex by the beach in a village called "Chacala", which is a paradise hard to find anymore, especially being so close to the U.S. My vacation rental is getting very popular with the secret leaking out, but I have specials for a week or more stay. One night free for every week booked. More info on www.vrbo.com/222943 and we welcome your PETS at Chacala Beach Thai Pad!!
Relax at one of the many beachfront palapa restaurants and watch the gentle surf as you wiggle your toes in the clean white sand.The seafood dishes here cost just a few pesos and I'll bet you can't find beer colder than this - SO cold it hurts your teeth!!  Cool
All kinds of outings, including a very cute casual golf course not far from the house. Feel free to wear your "flip flops"!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Share |
REGISTER FREE TODAY

FORUM HOME OF

Long And Straight Long And Straight
by Steve Griffith
Price: $4.99

Auto-delivered wirelessly

Learn More

SERVING THE GOLF COMMUNITY SINCE 1998
HTTP://USWORLDGOLF.COM

US WORLD'S FAVORITE GOLF FORUM
OVER 10 MILLION VISITORS TO GOLF SWINGS' WEB SITES

WORLD'S FAVORITE GOLF FORUM site has over 100 Golf Swing Video Clips of your favorite golfers! Golf Swings LIVE FORUM web site was created to help educate and entertain golf enthusiasts around the world. We have BOARD links to the PGA Tour, Health Items, World Golf Ratings, USGA Rules, World Long Drive competitors, the LDA, Free Stuff, Great Products, Sport Downloads and much more. Hours and hours of entertainment. Join our forum free today. Interact with millions of other golfers. A chat and/or shout box have been added. Guests and members can use chat to leave messages.

Anything and everything you want to know about golf can be found in this forum.

If you are not interested in joining this forum but interested in new Golf postings
Subsribe to GOLF SWINGS Update_Notification_ list:

Home - Main Page