January 17, 2018, 10:06:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Members Login Register Chat LONG AND STRAIGHT SWING SPEED RADAR Golf Swings USSLDC incepta..ca Golf Biz  

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FREE TODAY

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sometimes things really go wrong  (Read 1874 times)
golffactorystore.com

« on: April 19, 2010, 01:15:29 AM »
ReplyReply

Do you ever have this kind of feeling? Sometimes when things go wrong they can really go wrong. This also happened when we gripping our golf clubs and have a swing. My friend and I are standing at the tee box on a 165-yard par 3. Itís not a particularly intimidating hole, but not easy either. There is a brook down in a gulley halfway to the green, with high common reeds cattails and thick rough on either side. It winds kind of across the front of the green and up one side.

We each hit our drives into the rough. So we agree that this is an opportune time to take a mulligan and hit with my favorite Taylormade R9 Super Tri driver again. Iím lucky enough to land one between the hole and the front off the green . It rolls towards the hole and stops just a few feet away. My friend knocks a good one that lands in almost the same spot, but catches a bit of a slope, and to his dismay, it rolls sideways, off the green and down the bank of the creek into the reeds.

We walk down the creek bank, cross the bridge and look for his ball. He found it without too much trouble and decided that it was playable. He chipped it out of the reeds, but the unforgiving lie made it a difficult shot with his discount golf clubs and he hit the edge off the green, in roughly the same sloped spot where his first shot landed. Of course, it rolled off the side again, but this time settled in a small hole, where there likely was a sprinkler head at one time. Since there was no sprinkler in the hole and it was just a hole, he decided he had to hit it out and after two tries popped it out onto a flat spot off the green about six feet from the hole.

As he was lining up his putt, a crash distracted him. He had left his golf equipment and pull cart down by the creek, on the sloped bank. At that moment it gave way, tipped over, dumping his clubs into the creek. At least thatís what it looked like at first. Closer inspection revealed that just the tips of his longer clubs were touching the water. After collecting his golf equipment, and having a good laugh, he got back onto the green and finished for a six. I popped in my two-footer for birdie, but went on to lose the game by seven strokes.

I know this is just the kind of thing that happens every day on every golf course in the world. This is why golf teaches a person more about life than any other game. There are lots of life lessons besides this we can learn from golf. That is the thing keeps golfers coming back. So when you get a bad bounce, you can just play it where it lies to the best of your ability, then forget about it and move on.

Callaway X-22 Irons

TaylorMade R7 CGB MAX Irons

Taylormade R9 Driver

TaylorMade R9 Irons

Callaway LEGACY Driver

, Ping G15 Driver

Ping Rapture V2 Irons

TaylorMade R7 CGB MAX Driver

imagesCA90GWRN

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  

Share |
REGISTER FREE TODAY

FORUM HOME OF

Long And Straight Long And Straight
by Steve Griffith
Price: $4.99

Auto-delivered wirelessly

Learn More

SERVING THE GOLF COMMUNITY SINCE 1998
HTTP://USWORLDGOLF.COM

US WORLD'S FAVORITE GOLF FORUM
OVER 10 MILLION VISITORS TO GOLF SWINGS' WEB SITES

WORLD'S FAVORITE GOLF FORUM site has over 100 Golf Swing Video Clips of your favorite golfers! Golf Swings LIVE FORUM web site was created to help educate and entertain golf enthusiasts around the world. We have BOARD links to the PGA Tour, Health Items, World Golf Ratings, USGA Rules, World Long Drive competitors, the LDA, Free Stuff, Great Products, Sport Downloads and much more. Hours and hours of entertainment. Join our forum free today. Interact with millions of other golfers. A chat and/or shout box have been added. Guests and members can use chat to leave messages.

Anything and everything you want to know about golf can be found in this forum.

If you are not interested in joining this forum but interested in new Golf postings
Subsribe to GOLF SWINGS Update_Notification_ list:

Home - Main Page