IT CAN BE AS EASY AS A- B- C:
A - AIRWAY
Head-tilt/chin-lift - open victims' airway by tilting their head back with one hand while lifting up their chin with your other hand.
- Place victim flat on his/her back on a hard surface.
- Shake victim at the shoulders and shout "are you okay?"
- If no response, call emergency medical system -
B - BREATHING
- Position your cheek close to victims' nose and mouth, look toward victims' chest, and
- Look, listen, and feel for breathing (5-10 seconds)
- If not breathing, pinch victim's nose closed and give 2 full breaths into victim's mouth (use microshield).
- If breaths won't go in, reposition head and try again to give breaths. If still blocked, perform abdominal thrusts (Heimlich maneuver)
C - CIRCULATION
CONTINUE UNINTERRUPTED UNTIL ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE.
- Check for carotid pulse by feeling for 5-10 seconds at side of victims' neck.
- If there is a pulse but victim is not breathing, give Rescue breathing at rate of 1 breath every 5 seconds Or 12 breaths per minute
- If there is no pulse, begin chest compressions as follows:
- Place heel of one hand on lower part of victim's sternum. With your other hand directly on top of first hand, Depress sternum 1.5 to 2 inches.
- Perform 15 compressions to every 2 breaths. (rate: 80-100 per minute)
- check for return of pulse every minute.